Saturday, July 17, 2010

French toast mod. #1



I love french toast. Absolutely love it. When I was little we used to have french toast sandwiches with cheese in the middle and this is a kind of modification to that.


Ingredients for 1 sandwich:
2 slices of fresh bread
1 teaspoon of butter/margarine
1 teaspoon of grated Gruyere cheese
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 egg
1/8 cup milk
Pepper and salt to taste

First I whisked the egg and milk together until fully combined, then chop the thyme and mix with the cheese. Add a little salt and pepper to this if you like. Next I wet the bread all over with the egg mix like with normal french toast. I melted the butter on the pan and then put the
first slice of bread on. I covered this with the thyme and cheese then put the other slice on top. Once the bottom was sufficiently cooked, I flipped the sandwich over and cooked the other side until also crispy. And then I ate it in record time.

No comments:

Post a Comment